The Chestnut Heath
|[Richtlijnen voor opmerkingen] Opmerking van de fotograaf|
|INSECTA-LEPIDOPTERA- SATYRIDAE |
Coenonympha glycerion, (Borkhausen, 1788)
The Chestnut Heath ♂
Turkish Name: Orman Zıpzıp Perisi Kelebeği.
Distribution in Turkey: Eastern Anatolia.
Distribution in the world : It can be found in Eastern Europe and temperate parts of Asia. Southern Germany, Eastern France to Poland, Italy. Sporadic further south into northern Balkan penusula. Russia, North Kazakhstan and Mongolia.
Living Area: High-altitude butterfly. Lives above 2000 meters in very local colonies. It inhabits the subalpine meadows and wet swampy meadows of the upper mountain belt. Occasionally found in the lowlands in the meadows of northern exposure. The mountain slopes, woodland edges, and flowery clearings on hillsides.
Flight time: During the year, one generation develops. Depending on the height of butterflies fly from Mid July to mid August months between.
Food Plants of the caterpillar: The larva feeds on like the heath false brome, tor-grass, including Poa sp.
Description-Notes: Type Locality: Southern Germany. In Turkey Local and rare. The genus Coenonympha comprises 38 or 39 known species, in all the World. There are 13 or 14 species in Europe. A conspicuous cream blotch just inside a row of small yellow-ringed postmedian eyespots on gray-brown hindwing is dianostic. Forewing supapical spot is very small or missing.
Wingspan: 32-36 mm long.
The origin of the name: Glyceros (Greek) -. Sweet.
• Large Heath - Coenonympha tullia, (Müller, 1764)
• Lederer's Heath - Coenonympha symphita, (Lederer,1870)
• Russian Heath - Coenonympha leander, (Esper, )
• Eastern Large Heath - Coenonympha rhodopensis, (Elwes, 1900)
• Spanish Heath - Coenonympha iphioides, (Staudinger, 1870)
• Scarce Heath- Coenonympha hero, (Linnaeus, 1761)
• Small Heath - Coenonympha pamphilus (Linnaeus, 1758)
1. Baytas A., 2007. A field guide to the butterflies of Turkey, NTV Yayinlari, Istanbul.150 pp.
2. Lepidoptera Caucasi : >> http://babochki-kavkaza.ru/index.php/satyridae/210--coenonympha-glycerion.html
3. EuroButterflies »Matt Rowling : >> http://www.eurobutterflies.com/sp/glycerion_glycerion.php
4. Butterflies Watching & Photography Society in Turkey :>> http://www.adamerkelebek.org/GozlemFoto.asp?Durum=7&FamilyaId=3&CinsId=67&TurID=273
5. Lepiforum.de :>> http://www.lepiforum.de/lepiwiki.pl?Coenonympha_Glycerion
6. Wolfgang Wagner:>> http://www.pyrgus.de/Coenonympha_glycerion_en.html
7. Anonymous Butterflies of Turkey :>>http://www.trakel.org/kelebekler/?fsx=2fsdl17@d&tur=Orman%20Z%C4%B1pz%C4%B1p%20Perisi
8. Moths and Butterflies of Europe: >>www.leps.it/indexjs.htm?SpeciesPages/CoenoGlyce.htm
peter_stoeckl, NikosR, anel heeft deze opmerking als nuttig gemarkeerd
Only registered TrekNature members may rate photo notes.
|U moet ingelogd zijn om een beoordeling te kunnen zenden.|
Une excellente prise, belle qualité des couleurs et des détails.
Bonne gestion de la profondeur de champ
- [2016-05-12 14:44]
Hi Seyfi,top quality capture of this coenonympha,the sharpness is fantastic,i can count the hairs..ehehe...well done! Have a nice day and thanks,Luciano
Ciao Seyfi, great macro of lovely small butterfly, rare in my country, fine details, splenfid sharpness and wonderful natural colors, very well done, my frienf, ciao Silvio
monumentally large close-up of this cute and rare little heath Butterfly with fine details, and natural colours. Interesting to see the antennae consisting of black and white elements, with a red top on top. The plant seems to be one of the caterpillar's feeding plants, and the dark green background delivers a good impression of the typical habitat for that species: humid meadows with lush vegetation.
An attractive, skilfully made addition to your rich collection presenting the butterflies of Turkey.
Thank you! With best regards,
- [2016-05-13 3:57]
Excellent macro of Coenonympha glycerion, Great DOF, excellent sharpness and details, very beautiful composition, very nice BG contrasting the image colors.
Very beautiful photograph of this attractive species. Excellent details and sharpness against such OOF BG. NICE WORK.....
Thanks for sharing,
Regards and have a nice WE,
great shot Seyfi
beautiful composition and great colours
thanks gr lou
- [2016-05-14 3:37]
Fantastic detail and focus. Nice butterfly in amazing colors.
Nice composition with nice blurred background.
- [2016-05-16 1:30]
A very sharp shot of this beautiful species which I never have seen in real.
Interesting note too.